What can be better than the best free cloud storage services for those computer users who love to store their data online? And cloud storages are the best option for saving data online.
I assume most of you must be knowing about cloud storage services. Even though if you don’t know much about Cloud Storage, you must have heard a few names of cloud storage services.
Cloud Storage is a way of storing data like photos, videos, documents, audios, GIFs, and other online in a system called a cloud that can be accessed from anywhere and any device. Cloud Storage isn’t a traditional way of storing data on a physical drive like a hard drive. Click Here to know more about Cloud Storage in detail.
You may have heard the name of cloud storage like Google Drive, iCloud, or OneDrive. There are also many other free cloud storage services rather than these two. That is why, in this blog post, I am going to tell you the names of the 10 free cloud storage that you should know.
Free Cloud Storage Services
All the cloud storage mentioned below is completely free. They provide pretty much good storage for free. But though you can upgrade the storage by paying. I have made this list of the basis of storage capacity that is provided for free.
So, here is the list of free cloud storage services with their details and features. A list is in descending order.
I am sure many of you haven’t even heard the name of this cloud storage. Degoo is literally the beast when it comes to offering free cloud space. Degoo offers you the massive 100 GB of free storage space to store data and files. And if this isn’t enough, it lets you earn 500 GB of free storage space. Nowadays, it’s a big thing to get free storage space up to 600 GB, but Degoo is offering it. It is available on major platforms in both web and app versions.
Features Of Degoo
- Offers 100 GB of free storage, and gives chance to get 500 GB of free space by letting you invite your friends. You will get 5 GB of free space per friend.
- Can also get unlimited space by watching ads. You will get 750 MB per ad.
- Its top secret feature encrypts your files with a passphrase known only by you, not stored in Degoo, encoded into chunks and spread out to data centers in different countries.
- Files are uploaded with transport layered security and are encyrpted with AES-256.
- Degoo feed lets you remember your loved ones, family, friends, all those precious moments that might have otherwise been forgotten.
Mega is indeed the best cloud storage service that provides 50 GB of free storage capacity to upload data online. It can be used from all major devices and platforms from anywhere around the world with the internet. It is available on Windows, Mac, and Linux in both app and web versions.
Features Of Mega
- Provides massive cloud storage of 50 GB for free.
- Can download files using links with no need to sign up.
- Mega Desktop App allows to fast syncronization between the computer and cloud.
- It is very much secured cloud storage because it is secure with user controlled end-to-end encryption method. All data on MEGA is encrypted with a key derived from the user’s password. In other words, your password is your root encryption key.
- It also allows to share and collaborate with easy access to all files and folders.
Google Drive doesn’t need more introduction. Although it doesn’t provide much more storage space for free, it is one of the most popular free cloud storage services provided by Google itself. It allows users to store files in the cloud, synchronize them across devices, and share files. It is available for Windows, Mac, and iOS as well.
Features Of Google Drive
- Provides cloud space of 15 GB for free.
- Integrates seamlessly with other Google services like Google Sheets, Docs, Slides, etc.
- Offers apps with offline capabilities for Windows & MacOS computers, and Android & iOS mobiles and tablets.
- Supports file viewer feature that allows the users to view almost every file formats of audio, video, photos, text files, documents, archive, scripts, etc.
- Since its a Google service, it is very secure and trustworthy.
Many people must be still unaware of Media Fire. It is a file hosting, synchronization, and cloud storage service. The best thing about this cloud service is its easy-to-use interface. It is very simple to upload and share photos, videos, music, apps, documents, and so on at one place in Media Flare. It is available on all major devices including Android & iOS mobiles, Windows, Linux, & MacOS computers in both app and web versions.
Features Of Media Fire
- Offers 10 GB of free storage space.
- Gives the customization option of even header and logo.
- Supports almost every format of files and also support both audio and video streaming through its online file viewer.
- Gives you chance to earn space by refering it to friends, installing mobile app, connecting your Facebook & Twitter accounts, and post to Facebook & Twitter.
- Have numbers of security and privacy options.
pCloud is one of the easiest and most secure cloud storage available for free. It is available for Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, and Add-On. pCloud is one of the best cloud storage to back important files and folders of the computer. It is one of the most secure cloud storage because of its two-factor authentication. You can use text message or system notifications, and Google Authenticator as two-factor authentication.
Features Of pCloud
- Offers 10 GB of free storage space.
- Can register using Google Account, Facebook, and Apple ID.
- It let you to use your files in the cloud as they are saved locally on your PC without taking storage space of your PC.
- Let you invite a friend and earn storage space, and also let you earn $5 for refering it to others.
- Can also link accounts like Google Photos, Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbozx, Facebook, and Instagram as backups.
Ice Drive is a very modern and next-generation cloud storage service with a modern user interface and some great features. It makes you feel like your cloud storage is your physical hard drive on the computer. It is available on all major platforms like Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, etc in both web and app versions.
Features Of Ice Drive
- Offers you 10 GB of free storage space with 3GB daily bandwidth.
- The only encrypted cloud storage solution to use the bulletproof twofish algorithm.
- Everything-even file and folder’s names gets encrypted on your device before it hits the Icedrive secure cloud.
- Control access to your shared files by using password protection.
- Let you share files for a set amount of time.
OneDrive is one of the most popular personal cloud storage services provided by Microsoft. It is a file hosting and synchronization service that can be accessed from anywhere and on any supported device. OneDrive is a must-have tool for Windows users.
Features Of OneDrive
- Offers 5 GB of free storage space.
- Provides Personal Vault to store important files and photos with an added layer of protection.
- Allows the Windows users to access all of OneDrive files in Windows 10 without consuming storage space on their PC.
- Allows mobile to scan and store documents, business cards, receipts, notes, and more.
- Folders and multiple files are downloaded as a single ZIP folder without altering the quality of files and folders.
iCloud is a cloud storage service provided by Apple Inc. It enables users to store data such as documents, photos, and music on remote servers for download to iOS, macOS, or Windows devices, to share and send data to other users, and to manage their Apple devices if lost or stolen. Though iCloud is available for Windows, its features are mostly integrated with iOS and macOS.
Features Of iCloud
- Provides 5 GB of free iCloud storage.
- Allows users to back up the settings and data on iOS devices running iOS 5 or later.
- Once uploaded to iCloud, a user can view and download files to any device they’ve signed into. This feature allows a user to start working on one device and finish on another.
- Users can invite others to collaborate by sharing an iCloud link of either the file or the iCloud Drive folder. Once shared, documents show how many people have the document open, with edits automatically synchronized and applied to all open instances.
- Have features like Finy My Device and Find My Phone.
Sync.com is a Toronto Ontario, Canada, based privacy-oriented file hosting service that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, file sharing, document collaboration, and remote backup services. The main focus of sync.com is to guarantee the privacy of users by providing zero-knowledge end-to-end encryption. It is available on all major platforms like Windows, Apple, iOS, macOS, etc.
Features Of Sync.com
- Offers 5 GB of free cloud storage/space.
- Includes ground breaking privacy-protection features and encryption technology designed to protect sensitive information from unauthorized access.
- Allows you to send files of any size to anyone, even they don’t have a Sync account.
- Gives unlimited data transfer for all the plans.
- Available for both business and personal uses.
Even though Dropbox doesn’t provide enough cloud storage for free, it is more popular than most of the cloud storage mentioned in this list. It is a file hosting service that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud, and client software. Dropbox gives secure access to all files that makes it easy to collaborate with friends, family, and coworkers from any device.
Features Of Dropbox
- Provides 2 GB of free cloud space.
- Let you quickly send any file-big or small-to anyone, even if they don’t have a Dropbox account.
- Keep files private with multiple layers of protection.
- Manage tasks, track file updates, and stay in sync with your teams and clients.
- Can use Dropbox for both work and personal use.
Summary Of Best Free Cloud Storage Services
|Cloud Storage||Storage Capacity||URLs of Websites|
|Google Drive||15 GB||https://www.google.com/drive/|
|Media Fire||10 GB||https://www.mediafire.com/|
|Ice Drive||10 GB||https://icedrive.net/|
|One Drive||5 GB||https://onedrive.live.com/|
So, these are the 9 best free cloud storage services that you should know. I hope you like reading this article. Tell me your opinion regarding this post, and also let me know how many of these cloud storage are you using and what are they?
Share It If You Find This Post Useful!