Are you looking to delete your Facebook account permanently? You may have your own personal reasons to permanently delete your Facebook account. There is no doubt that Facebook is the largest social media network in the world that also includes popular social media platforms like Instagram, Whatsapp, and Facebook Messenger.
Though either due to some security reasons, privacy reasons, or some other personal reasons, you may want to delete your Facebook account permanently. Still, most people believe that a Facebook account can’t be permanently deleted. They think we can only deactivate our Facebook account for a certain period of time. After deactivating, a Facebook account can be activated simply by logging in again on any mobile or computer device.
Here, the question is about permanently deleting a Facebook account. There are ways to permanently delete Facebook account on both mobile and computer devices. If you are willing to delete your Facebook account permanently and don’t know how to delete it permanently, then this post is going to provide you a step-by-step tutorial to do it.
Things To Know Before Deleting Facebook Account
I think, there are few things that you should know and consider before permanently deleting your Facebook account. You should better know first what happens if you will permanently delete a Facebook account. So, here are some of the things that you should know before permanently deleting your Facebook account.
- You will never be able to reactivate your account.
- Everything you have added and posted on Facebook like photos, videos, your profile, etc will be permanently deleted.
- Unlike when you deativate Facebook account, you still can use Messenger, you won’t be able to use Facebook Messenger after deleting Facebook account.
- Copies of messages you have sent will be though stored in your friend’s inboxes.
- Also, the pages that you only control will also be deleted. But if you want those page not to be deleted, then you can give someone the full control of your page. And then you can delete your Facebook account without deleting your Facebook page.
- If you use your Facebook account to log in to other platforms, apps, websites, then deleting your Facebook account will also delete your information of those platforms, apps, and websites.
So, once you will delete your Facebook account, the above-mentioned things will happen. You can reconsider your reasons for permanently deleting your Facebook account. Now though you want to delete your Facebook permanently, then head to the next section where I have described the step-by-step process of permanently deleting it.
Steps To Delete Facebook Account
I am going to explain the process of deleting Facebook account permanently on both computer and mobile devices.
- Log in to your Facebook account on any browser of your computer.
- Click Account section on the top right of homepage.
- Click Settings & Privacy.
- Now click Settings to open the settings of Facebook account.
- Setting options of your Facebook account will appear in new window. Click Your Facebook Information.
- Now click Deactivation and Deletion option.
- You will see two options-Deactivate Account & Delete Account. Choose Delete Account, and click on Continue To Account Deletion button.
- A new window will appear. From here, you can download your Facebook information, and changes the admin of the pages you own. You can either do these things or skip them and click Delete Account button.
- Open Facebook App on your mobile device.
- Go to the Menu section.
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy, and then open Settings.
- In the Account section, tap Personal and account information.
- Tap on Account ownership and control option.
- Tap on Deactivation and Deletion & choose Delete Account and again tap on Continue to account deletion.
- Either give the resons to delete your Facebook Account or directly tap on Continue To Account Deletion.
- Before you permanently delete your account, you can either deactivate it, save posts in your archive, or download your information. If you don’t want any of these, then tap Delete Account.
Once you will click the Delete Account button, it will be permanently deleted, and you will no longer be able to use that Facebook account.
As you have known now, deleting a Facebook account permanently isn’t a difficult and lengthy process. It is easy on both mobile and computer devices to delete Facebook account permanently. Personally, I think instead of permanently deleting your Facebook account, you should deactivate it. But if there is some very old Facebook account of yours, and you don’t use it frequently, then you should consider deleting it permanently.