Google Drive is undoubtedly one of the best cloud storage for storing files online. Google lets us upload and store different types of files like images, videos, documents, sheets, forms, etc in Google Drive. Being able to store files online is only one of the many best features of Google Drive.
I assume the majority of you have multiple Gmail accounts and hence have multiple Google Drive. So, there may be coming time when you want to transfer or move files from one Google Drive to another account due to some reasons. If you aren’t finding the proper ways to transfer files from one Google Drive to another, then this post is going to help in finding those ways.
In this post, I am going to tell you the ways by which you can transfer or move files from Google Drive to another on the computer as well as the mobile phone. Stick to the end of this post.
Ways To Transfer/Move Files From One Google Drive To Another
Moving or transferring files from one Google Drive to another isn’t difficult or a long process once you will get to know how to do it. Some of you might be moving files from one drive to another by manually downloading files from one drive and then upload them to another drive.
Let me say if you transfer your file in this way or you are thinking to transfer in this way, this is going to take your time depending upon the size of the files. Downloading some files and again uploading them to the drive will be a real-time-wasting process.
Now, I am going to explain to you the two ways using which you can transfer or moves files from one Google Drive to another without manually downloading and uploading them.
Both of these two ways are quite easy and simple. It won’t take more effort in doing the task.
1. By Sharing Files/Folders To Another Account
Google Drive gives you the option to move files from one folder to another but it doesn’t give the option to move files from Google Drive to another. But though there is an easy trick that is available inside Google Drive that will allow you to move any files in the Google Drive to another. You can share the files or folders from one Google Drive to another. The process is explained below.
On Computer Device:
You can do this in two steps.
Step 1: In this step, you have to share the files or folders from the Google Drive you want to move.
- Open Google Drive on your computer from the Google Account you want to move files. You can open either app version or web version of Google Drive.
- Select the files or folders you want to move.
- Right-Click on the selected files or folder, and then choose Share option.
- A new dialogue will appear after choosing Share option. In the dialogue box, type the gmail address of the Google Drive where you want to share that particular files or folder.
- Don’t forget to set the role as Editor.
- After that, Click the Send Button.
Step 2: In this step, log in to Google Drive in which you have shared the files or folder from the previous Google Drive.
- Open Google Drive using the Gmail Account in which you have shared the files/folder.
- From the left-side, choose Shared With Me. You will see the folder or files that you have shared from the previous Google Drive.
- Now, you need to move these files or folders from Shared With Me section to My Drive section. But if you want to move the folder, Google don’t give the option of Move To with the shared folders.
- But don’t worry. You can easily move all the files in the shared folder to a new destination folder. For that, open the shared folder and select all the files inside it, and then right-click, and select Move To option.
- Create a new folder, and then move these files into to the new folder. Your files are moved to another Google Drive now.
- The last thing you need to do is go to the previous Google Drive, and delete those files or folder.
2. By Using Cloud Transfer Tools
Another best way to transfer or move files from one Google Drive to another is cloud transfer tools. Transferring files from one drive to another using cloud transfer tools is also very easy. All you need to do is create an account by signing up in any free cloud transfer tool and add your Google Drives to it. After creating an account and adding Google Drive accounts, you can easily transfer files from one drive to another.
There are many best and free cloud transfer tools available. For this tutorial, I will be using MultCloud. It is one of the best cloud transfer tools that are available for free.
Transfer Or Move Files From One Google Drive To Another
Follow these steps to transfer files from one drive to another:
- Create a MultCloud Account by clicking Sign Up Free. Add your Name, Email, Password, and Verification Code. Now click Create Account button.
- After adding the details, and clicking on Create Account button, a verification email will be sent to your inbox. Open your inbox and log in from the verificication email.
- After logging on, click on Add Cloud option. Select Google Drive option to connect it to Multcloud.
- After adding one Google Drive, repeat the same process to add another Google Drive.
- Now, go to the tool Cloud Transfer. In the From section, add Google Drive from which you want to move a file or folder to another. For example, I am transfering a file from Google Drive to Google Drive 1. So, I select Google Drive. And then open Google Drive to select the files or folder you want to move. After selecting, Click OK button.
- In To section, select another Google Drive. In my case, its Google Drive 1. So open it and choose the folder where you want to transfer the file. After choosing the folder, Click OK.
- Now, all you need to do is simply click Transfer Now.
These are the two best ways by which you can transfer or move files from one Google Drive to another without manually downloading from one Google Drive and then uploading it on another Google Drive. I hope you understand the process since it is not quite difficult. If you have any queries related to this post, let me know in the comment box.